POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bounding with a sky_sphere : Re: Bounding with a sky_sphere Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bounding with a sky_sphere
From: David Vincent-Jones
Date: 15 Feb 2000 19:25:57
Message: <38a9ee95@news.povray.org>
Chris

I had been using a sky_sphere for the backdrop..... It only occurred to me
that using the inside of a regular sphere could act as a backdrop as well as
limiting the visible scene elements and unwanted height_field. Unfortunately
I did not gain much in display time.

Bounded_By and Clipped_By both looked like good solutions but they appear to
be devised for individual elements rather than for the scene in general. Is
there a way to apply either of them to the overall view?

Yes, some kind of test based on vlength sounds interesting.... I will give
that a try.

Don't know about a tree like structure... I feel that might be more useful
with a pre-defined path; my journey needs to be quite random.

David